Intelligent ingest and content management of XDCAM captured media
Global Instant access, collaboration and interaction
with XDCAM shots!
Server based Media Asset Management ingest workflow for
Global Browser based access to ingested XDCAM content
XDCAM workspace and file structure aware
XDCAM format aware Metadata entry and access
Database for XDCAM metadata editing and search
Raid protected with IP network access for captured
Apace ingester is an intelligent media managed server
database software that paired with Apace
Network storage and Apace media asset management called postMAM
system offers a complementary
end-to-end workflow platform for ingest and global access and
collaboration of XDCAM based content.
Ingester enables instant ingest of the entire tree structure and
associated metadata of XDCAM into a
database for immediate review, collaboration, search and editing
the metadata for further access and
edit. Offered access is via web browser from any authorized
client node to ingested content which means
that the IP node can be anywhere in the world.
workflow offers five core media workflow enhancement
features for better productivity:
- Instant access to XDCAM content from anywhere in
the world via a browser! Expanding
access to media content from any LAN/WAN IP-based client node without local
- Database for quick search for large number of XDCAM media.
- Collaboration and communication to support postproduction process enabling
reviewing and screening of captured content via a browser.
- Support XDCAM (allowed) metadata editing.
- Managed networked storage
consolidation of all XDCAM content
Why Apace XDCAM Ingester?
Media asset Management approach vs. file
As media content from XDCAM shots is ingested there is a need for efficient
cataloging, screening and
association of Metadata with content for ease of search and global access. As
shot footage increases
exponentially it results 100’s of TB that need to be better managed. The file
tree based structure of the
footage needs to be best managed with a media asset management approach while
- Search (or large number of shots management)
- Collaboration and communication with facilitating a review process
- Global and virtualized access (independent from OS and applications)
- Interoperable with editing and MAM applications
- Post-production support (Editing XD CAM metadata, adding review/ comments to
- Paired with Apace postMAM media asset management users can add user defined
Metadata to content
- Paired with Apace ViEW users can do remote rough cut editing from anywhere in
Workflow Productivity by
offering a global a global access to XDCAM generated content, the time to
consumption and interaction with the media footage is drastically reduced.
Additionally, flexible metadata
aware content cataloging assures efficiency in content management. Also, by
augmenting Apace XDCAM
Ingester with other Apace hardware/software platform suites offers an end-to-end
workflow of content
creation, archive and use is facilitated.
Field access by pairing
XDCAM ingest with Apace Ingester and Apace storage system in the field, time of
access of shots captured is drastically reduced as remote headquarters can have
instant access for
review and planning purposes.
Note: Apace is not
an affiliation of the companies listed.